Blood cancers directly impact the function and production of blood cells. Blood is produced in the bone marrow and most of these cancers start from there. When it comes to blood cancer treatment, a surgery is required to remove or halt the progression of cancer creating cells. However, the surgery varies as per the type of cancer, progress, the age of the patient, and some other factors.
There are various procedures to cure different types of blood cancers. These procedures should be performed by skilled and trained oncologists. Some of the procedure of cure for blood cancer includes:
- Radiation Therapy: It is used to destroy the cancer cells.
- Stem Cell Transplantation: The procedure includes infusing healthy blood cells into the body.
- Chemotherapy: In this procedure, anti-cancer drugs are used to halt the growth of cancer cells in the body.
To know further about different procedures, you can get in touch with India Health Help.
The surgery for blood cancer is done under some type of anesthesia. Depending on the type of surgery, different types of anesthesia are used. Also, the right kind of surgery is recommended based on the blood cancer stages.
- To confirm the diagnosis of blood cancer, swollen lymph node is removed from the chest.
- Sometimes, a central venous catheter is placed into the large vein in the chest. This tube is used to take samples of blood as well as to give chemotherapy and other drugs.
- The induction therapy and consolidation therapy are used to kill the present blood cancer cells and those cells which are present there but couldn’t be located during the test respectively.
Once the patient has undergone Chemotherapy or other surgeries, he/she tends to experience some of the side-effects for a short period of time. These side effects include:
- High Fever
To take care of yourself post procedure here is what you can do:
- Avoid eating such food items that can trigger blood cancer again.
- Exercise for few minutes
- Consume healthy supplements
- Avoid strenuous activities for few weeks.
Furthermore, it is also possible that a patient may encounter some of the health effects after few months or years. These are known as Late Effects. The symptoms for late effects are quite difficult to diagnose. Hence, it is recommended to visit the doctor on a timely basis for a regular checkup.
India Health Help can find you the right doctor who can advise on the right treatment.